The mission of the Center for Vaccine Research is to facilitate and conduct research focused on the development of diagnostics, therapeutics, and vaccines for infectious agents that pose a public health risk. In pursuit of this mission, the CVR will:
- Administer a comprehensive research program spanning basic through translational research,
- Serve as a resource for biomedical researchers by providing access to qualified scientists,
- Establish partnerships with industry and academic institutions,
- Develop national and international collaborations, and
- Serve as a center of excellence for training future researchers in the fields of science and technology that are relevant to the activities of the CVR.
- To improve human health on a global scale through research directed at the prevention, intervention, and therapy for infectious diseases that pose a serious threat to humanity.